Once your Ranunculus arrive, please let them hydrate first and read carefully the steps hereunder.
Ranunculus are shipped directly mainly from our Ecuadorian farms. Before they are shipped, all flowers have a minimum of 24 hours proper hydration. If your flowers appear sleepy and thirsty after their journey, it is absolutely normal. Just follow these simple steps hereunder and the flowers will start blooming.
- Remove flowers from box by cutting any straps. Do not remove the cardboard sleeve or the rubber bands holding the flowers together in a bunch. However, do remove any excess packaging including any plastic wrapping in order to prevent condensation which will cause rotting.
- Fill containers with at least 3-4 inches of fresh, cool water.
- Add floral food to prevent bacteria from forming in the water and to give added nutrients to the Ranunculus.
- Remove any leaves that fall below the water line. Not removing the leaves may cause bacteria to form and shorten the Ranunculus life.
- Using sharp scissors or a knife, cut the stems diagonally under running water approximately 1 to 1,5 inch from each stem's bottom edge.
- Immediately after cutting, place the stems in the prepared water.
- Allow flowers at least 4-8 hours to hydrate well.
- Keep flowers away from direct sunlight, drafts or excessive heat.
- The buds can look small upon arrival but will start opening bigger and bigger in a few days.